ALTIUS is one of the largest Belgian independent law firms, consisting of approximatively 65 lawyers and 30-35 employees. Established in Brussels and Louvain-la-Neuve, we advise Belgian and international companies on the legal aspects of their transactions and disputes.
We help our clients navigate through often-complex legislation and regulatory environments and provide clear solutions to a wide range of legal issues. In addition to our specialist legal knowledge, we focus on thinking creatively together with our clients to offer tailor-made solutions. Our aim is to turn, through carefully listening and awareness, strategic questions into clear and straightforward answers.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic lawyer to join our dynamic and Band 2-ranked! (Chambers) Employment Law team:
"The team works with Belgian and international clients on all sorts of employment-related issues and offers day to day advice on the employment-law aspects of running a business in Belgium. It has a particularly good reputation for handling cross border employment, service agreements, collective labour law, collective dismissals, the employment law consequences of the winding-up of companies and employment law litigation."
- You are a Belgian graduate with a Master's degree in Law who achieved excellent grades during his/her university studies. An additional LL.M. in social law is considered an advantage.
- Ideally you have 2 to 5 years of experience in Employment Law in a similar firm with an international clientele.
- You possess excellent writing skills and you prefer a pragmatic and hands-on approach.
- You are fluent in French. Your level of Dutch and English is suitable for daily use in a business environment. Knowledge of any other language is considered an advantage.
- You preferably have study or work experience abroad.
- You are a team player, highly motivated and internationally oriented and you combine a profound interest in employment law with commercial awareness.
- An international working environment with interesting opportunities for professional development and advancement.
- You will work with talented and seasoned colleagues in a friendly, pleasant and collaborative atmosphere.
- A wide range of legal and non-legal training courses through the ALTIUS Academy.
- A very competitive and attractive remuneration package.