ALTIUS is one of the largest Belgian independent law firms, consisting of some 65 lawyers and 30 employees. Established in Brussels and Louvain-la-Neuve, we advise Belgian and international companies on the legal aspects of their businesses, transactions and disputes.
We help our clients navigate through complex legislation and regulatory environments and provide clear solutions to a wide range of legal issues. In addition to our specialist legal knowledge, we focus on thinking creatively together with our clients to offer tailor-made solutions. Our aim is to turn, through carefully listening and awareness, strategic questions into clear and straightforward answers.
We are currently looking for an associate to strengthen our dynamic Commercial & Competition Law Team.
- You have 1 to 5 years of experience in (Belgian and EU) Competition law and general Commercial law ideally in a similar practice (a first rated Belgian or international law firm).
- You are a Belgian qualified lawyer who achieved excellent grades during his/her university studies. If you have worked or studied abroad we consider this to be an asset.
- You possess excellent writing skills and you prefer a pragmatic and hands-on approach.
- You are fluent in French and English. Your level of Dutch is suitable for daily use in a business environment. Knowledge of any other language is an advantage.
- You are a team player, highly motivated, ambitious and internationally oriented and you combine a profound interest in Competition and Commercial law with commercial awareness.
- You are interested in handling Belgian and EU Competition cases as well as advising on commercial law issues (unfair competition, commercial practices, distribution, commercial cooperation agreements, labelling, etc.)
- An international working environment with interesting opportunities for professional development and advancement.
- You will work with talented and seasoned colleagues in a friendly, pleasant and collaborative atmosphere.
- A competitive and attractive financial compensation.