Who are we looking for?
ALTIUS is looking for a dynamic Business Development Manager.
The ideal candidate possesses a number of years of experience and a good knowledge of the Belgian legal landscape.
We aim for someone who practiced law in one of the larger Belgian law firms for at least a few years but who always had that particular interest in Business Development OR someone with experience in a leading business development role in an internationally operating service company but with a keen interest in law.
Someone who loves to network and get in touch with promising third parties, who seizes interesting opportunities for ALTIUS and is eager to help organize original events that provide ALTIUS with broad (media) attention and promote ALTIUS as a strong and exciting brand.
An excellent communicator, multilingual Dutch, French, English with a can-do attitude and a proactive and hands-on approach.
We expect our Business Development Manager to:
- Help develop and promote new clients and increase the number of companies we are in contact with in order to win new work streams
- Develop a specific and practical BD plan per legal practice and existing transversal groups
- Provide effective and original advice and coaching throughout the bidding process including project management, deadline management, document creation and production, pricing, pitch preparation and rehearsal
- Help improve our win rate and the quality of competitive bids
- Conduct the key account management for the firm’s top clients
- Attend relevant client and prospect meetings
- Follow up on competitive intelligence and legal news
- Develop original ‘out-of-the-box’ ALTIUS initiatives
- Assist in the pricing project
- Work closely together with the Marketing & Communications Team consisting of 2 colleagues
- Contribute to/Participate in Business Development activities such as events, seminars, documents for tendering purposes (lawyer biographies, fact sheets, practice brochures), Legal Directories (submission, interviews, visits), CRM project, Press management, etc.
- Maintain the relationship with our international legal networks
What can we offer you?
- A leading position within the ALTIUS Operations Support Team
- The chance to become part of a strong team and an excellent brand
- A working environment with interesting opportunities for professional development and advancement and numerous chances to attend interesting trainings and seminars
- A broad range of exciting and challenging responsibilities with no chance for boredom
- A friendly, pleasant, and collaborative working atmosphere
- A competitive and attractive remuneration package
- A superb working location (the ‘Royal Dépôt’ building at Tour & Taxis)
- The chance to meet interesting people via our national and international networks