Who are we?
ALTIUS is one of the largest Belgian independent law firms, consisting of approximatively 65 lawyers and 35 employees. Established in Brussels and Louvain-la-Neuve, we advise Belgian and international companies on the legal aspects of their transactions and disputes.
We help our clients navigate through often-complex legislation and regulatory environments and provide clear solutions to a wide range of legal issues. In addition to our specialist legal knowledge, we focus on thinking creatively with our clients to offer tailor-made solutions. Our aim is to turn, through careful listening and awareness, strategic questions into clear, straightforward answers.
We are looking for an experienced All-Round System Engineer to take on the role of IT Manager.
What will your responsibilities look like?
- You will be in charge of the management of an on-premise server park
- You will handle server and desktop virtualization
- You will manage a storage infrastructure (netapp)
- You are in charge of the follow up of orders (and contacts with) with IT and multimedia suppliers
- You handle the follow up (2nd line) of support tickets
- You define IT business needs and define solutions
- You follow up latest changes in technology
- You will program in C# and/or PHP
- You are a coach to the 1ste line help desk officer
Who are we looking for?
- You possess a Bachelor or Master degree in IT with relevant experience of at least 5 years as an all-round system engineer
- You are an excellent communicator in Dutch, French and English
- You have a good knowledge of networking (LAN,WAN), routers, switches (cisco), Windows Server, Exchange Server (with archiving Veritas Enterprise Vault), Microsoft SQL, AD & Azure AD, VMware vSphere ESXi, VMware Horizon and Office 365
- You possess good programming skills (C# and/or PHP)
- You possess a good knowledge of Linux (Debian / Ubuntu) and of monitoring with Nagios / Darktrace
- Notions of the program ‘DLex’ by Kluwer would be a real asset but are not mandatory
- As far as your personality is concerned, we are looking for a real ‘out of the box thinker’ with a creative and pro-active attitude, willing to take responsibility for the proper functioning of the various IT systems in our organization
What can ALTIUS offer you?
- A position with lots of variety
- A management position within the Support Office Team
- A working environment with interesting opportunities for professional development and advancement
- Exciting projects
- A pleasant and collaborative working atmosphere
- An attractive remuneration package with numerous extralegal benefits
Recruitment for this position is handled exclusively by AT Recruitment.