Solid commercial contracts are absolutely essential to the success of every business. Our commercial team has developed strong experience in advising across the full spectrum of commercial law matters and our expertise ensures we can achieve your commercial objectives.
We seek - by listening to you - to understand your business and the market in which you operate. This approach enables us to guide you through the entire lifecycle of your business, providing practical and strategic advice in often challenging circumstances. Whatever the scale and scope of the contract, our lawyers' solutions will be realistic and effective.
We assist our clients in negotiating and drafting commercial agreements and preventing and settling disputes. Legal proceedings related to commercial and distribution agreements are handled in close co-operation with ALTIUS’ litigation team. We are available to help, from contracts for start-ups through to major international distribution agreements, advertising, consumer protection and e-commerce. Our international orientation provides us with the tools required to understand and appreciate the nature of foreign business and cultural practices and to create exciting opportunities for our clients.
Our team members regularly speak at seminars and industry events and contribute to various leading publications. We are members of various professional networks that offer us the opportunity to team up with other industry members.
How we can help
- (Collective) consumer claims
- Commercial agreements (sales, leases, joint venture agreements, EU R&D consortia, commercial co-operation agreements, loans, guarantees, etc.)
- Commercial debt collection
- (International) sales (Belgian law, CISG)
- Market practices and consumer protection
- Private international law issues
- Product liability and labelling
- Service agreements
- Unfair commercial practices and competition