Geoffrey specialises in intellectual property matters, as well as in commercial and financial litigation.
Prior to joining ALTIUS, Geoffrey practised in the Brussels office of a US law firm where his main areas of practice encompassed: banking and financial services; insolvency law; and corporate and commercial litigation.
Geoffrey is a member of the LSE Alumni Association, the Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG), CEPANI40, and the Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété intellectuelle (AIPPI).
Geoffrey has a Master of Laws from the Université Catholique de Louvain-La-Neuve and a LL.M. in European Competition and IP law from the Université de Liège. He also holds an LL.M. in International Business Law from the London School of Economics and Political Sciences.
Selection of publications
- “Intellectuele rechten: beslag inzake namaak” in X, Bestendig Handboek Deskundigenonderzoek, Mechelen, Kluwer, losbl., VI.2-36, 2012 and 2016. (with C. Ronse)
- “Uncertainty over protection of famous bag under copyright law”, ILO Newsletter: Intellectual Property, January 2016
- “The Golden Age of the Internet: Enhancing Cooperation between Trademark owners”, LSE Law Review (The Obiter), spring 2013
- Co-author, “Security interests over intellectual property", ICIP-Ing.Cons. — n° 3, 2016, p. 563.
- Co-author, "Bad faith trademarks", ICIP-Ing.Cons. — n° 2, 2017, p.255
- Co-author, "Registrability of 3D Trademarks", ICIP-Ing.Cons. — n° 3, 2018, p.406.
- Co-author, "Consumer survey evidence" (will be published in ICIP-Ing.Cons in the next few months)